|Original Developer||Guyfawkes and Rik Nicol|
|Status||Released and playable|
Bunny Traps is a game in the style of the classic pen and paper game Hangman. The game features highly polished graphics and sound, high score saving, challenge or arcade mode and is very playable.
Bunny Traps was originally developed for the GP32 and has been ported to the GP2X, although there are some issues with the port.
Try to guess the word by selecting letters. If the letter is in the word, it's place in the word shall be revealed. If not, Bunny moves one step closer to death. The game ends when Bunny eventually meets with a gruesome end (there are 10 different stages).
- Download the file and extract the contents to your SD card. Most games can be installed anywhere, but some games need their own directory and some have to be installed to the root of the SD card - check this first.
- Install the SDL libraries for GP2X if necessary - see the instructions if needed.
- Launch the game with the included gpe file.
- Many games may require you to maintain the file structure within the archive - if the game seems to quit back to the menu as soon as you open it this is a common cause.
- Start - Bring up menu and select menu item
- Joystick Left & Joystick Right - Change menu item
- Joystick Up & Joystick Down - Choose letter (within game) or select menu item in menus
- X - Select letter
Custom words can be added by creating a filename called custom.txt and placing it in the /bunny/ folder. Words must be between 6 and 14 characters, one word per line with a hardbreak between each word. The words must be in UPPERCASE and only A to Z otherwise they will not be recognised. The file must also have more than 2 words in the list
- TV-Out is not supported, but the game is still playable through TV-Out with just some of the screen missing.
- There are occasional stutters in the sound
- If in game music is disabled, it comes back on at the end of the next game despite still being flagged as disabled on the options screen.