Poker2x is the first Poker simulation for the GP2X! It is fully skinnable with custom backgrounds and cards. It also has got an AI which randomly generates 7 enemies with different playing styles that you'll have to play against. The exact poker rules are Limit Texas Hold'em, the most common in online poker.
This is DaveN's final release, but the source is included for those who would like to code for it.
- Download the file and extract the contents to your SD card. Most games can be installed anywhere, but some games need their own directory and some have to be installed to the root of the SD card - check this first.
- Install the SDL libraries for GP2X if necessary - see the instructions if needed.
- Launch the game with the included gpe file.
- Many games may require you to maintain the file structure within the archive - if the game seems to quit back to the menu as soon as you open it this is a common cause.
To pass the title screen, just press any button. In the first menu, on the left screen you can select the game mode (currently there is only the mode Texas Hold' EM). On the right screen, you see the options for cards and backgrounds, use A and Y buttons to select in the list available. Once you have finish the configuration, just press on the B button to confirm.
In the game:
- Call or check/see (depending on the situation)
- Raise - increase the bet.
- Return to the main menu - if you are on the main menu then exit the game.
How to personalize music, cards, background and icons
- Attention!: Be sure that there is a blank line at the end of the "config.txt" file.
To personalise the background, charts or music, it is necessary to edit "config.txt" contained in the "data" folder. To add your background, cards or music, it is enough to add a line like this:
After this, place your personalised background, etc in the "data" folder and it will be available in the game. The music can be placed anywhere (SD Card, NAND...) because you include the full path in the instruction.
The background must be 320*240 and in png format, without transparency.
The cards file uses a special format. The best way to edit is to create a copy of the default .gif file and see how it is put together.
The music must be in ogg, wav, mod or any other the sound formats managed by SDL_mixer. MP3 is not supported because they slow the game down too much. The sound volume can be controlled with the Volume buttons.
The current limit of the game is 20 backgrounds, 10 card files or 20 music files.
It is possible to change between other files in the data folder - for example, the button icons, splash screen image or victory screen.