|Original Developer||SDLSand Sourceforge|
|Status||Released and Playable|
GP2X Sand is a Falling Sand clone for the handheld gaming console GP2X. This was originally a port of the SDL Sand, but there isn't much left from it in the source.
There isn't any objective in this "game" as it's more of lava lamp like experience. There are three emitters at the top of the screen spewing out sand, water and oil particles which react differently towards each-other. You are supplied with a pen to draw walls to guide and hinder the flows of these particles. The pen can also draw all particles of all other elements and is also used as an eraser.
- Download the file and extract the contents to your SD card. Most games can be installed anywhere, but some games need their own directory and some have to be installed to the root of the SD card - check this first.
- Install the SDL libraries for GP2X if necessary - see the instructions if needed.
- Launch the game with the included gpe file.
- Many games may require you to maintain the file structure within the archive - if the game seems to quit back to the menu as soon as you open it this is a common cause.
- Move the cursor around.
- Draw particles at cursor position.
- Switch to previous element.
- Switch to next element.
- Disable selected emitter.
- Increase pen size.
- Decrease pen size.
- Vol. up
- Increase flow of selected emitter.
- Vol. down
- Decrease flow of selected emitter.
- Clear screen.
Elements (in order)
- Nothing - Use this as an eraser.
- Wall - Just sits there, use it to block other elements. Default element.
- Sand - Plain sand, sinks in water and oil.
- Water - Denser than oil lighter than sand.
- Oil - Will float on water
- Salt - Like sand but disolves in water.
- Saltwater - Like water but salt is slowly extracted from it.
- Steam - Rises instead of falling, condenses to water.
- Plant - Like wall but grows in water.
- Fire - Rises instead of falling, turns water to steam and burns oil and plant.