Docs and Papers
If the general hardware overview isn't gritty enough for you, sink your teeth into some data sheets. Also collected here is other documentation, articles, and notes related to gp2x hardware.
- ARM920T (Rev 1) Technical Reference Manual (2Mb .pdf) (link broken)
- ARM920T (Rev 1) Technical Reference Manual (Alt)
- ARM940T (Rev 2) Technical Reference Manual (3Mb .pdf)
- ARM940T (Rev 2) Technical Reference Manual (Alt)
- Facts about the ARM940T processor.
- Startup configuration of ARM Processors with MMUs (91Kb .pdf) (broken link)
- Writing Efficient C for ARM (133Kb .pdf) (broken link)
- Fixed Point Arithmetic on the ARM (69Kb .pdf)
- Configuring ARM Caches (50Kb .zip) (broken link)
- ARM core Assembler instruction Set (Quick reference card)
- ARM Developer Suite Assembler Guide
- ARM Architecture Reference Manual (up to v5T)
To view the MMSP2 datasheet in Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0, you will need to manually download and install the Korean Font Pack from Adobe. Acrobat Reader 6.0 and prior should automatically download the Korean font pack when required.
USB 2.0 Controller
- NET2272 USB 2.0 Peripheral Controller (rev.1a) (557k .pdf) (alternative location: web.archive.org-copy of that URL)
- The NET2272 supports Microsoft’s Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), which allows playback of WMA and WMV files with Digital Rights Management (DRM).
- PLX also provides device firmware supporting the USB Mass Storage standard. This means that PCs can recognize these devices without additional Host drivers.
- Net2272 is a USB-function device, and as a result is a slave to the USB host.
- It seems the Gp2x F-200 use diferent chip (GL827)to control USB that doesn't support USB networking (or any other gadget drivers).
CX25784 video encoder
- GP2X's AC97 Audio chip (630K .pdf)
- ARM Assembly Language Programming (from the basics) -- A full book!
- Link-Time Optimization of ARM Binaries -- Only partially published. See ACM restricted site
- Profile Guided Selection of ARM and Thumb Instructions -- Only partially published. See ACM restricted site
- ARM/THUMB Code Compression for Embedded Systems -- Only partially published. See IEEE restricted site
- A Fixed-point 3D Graphics Library with Energy-efficient Cache Architecture for Mobile Multimedia Systems -- Only partially published. See IEEE restricted site