Info says: VERSION 1.0 MODEL GP2X - F100 S/N 2005.11.14 - GP2XV100 - 00000246
Log of getting it to work
- To begin with, the USB was completely silent. To get it working I had to insert an SD card which had previously been written to by a card reader!
- Lessons so far: Getting USB working is full of pitfalls if you don't know how to do it. An extra investment in both an SD card and a reader is necessary, alas.
- The USB firmware on the GP2X is pretty unhelpful. Still, things seem to work now, and hopefully the wiki documentation is improving in the process.
- Now to try a firmware upgrade.
- Sigh. Moving backwards: in attempting to get the right format on my SD card to do an upgrade I no longer have USB access!