|Webpage||Willemssoft (Autor's pages)|
|Status||Realise and playable|
Blips is a puzzle game like sokoban except that you need to collect "stars" here and avoid the dynamite. Boxes can be blown up using the dynamite. After you solved a level one extra level will be unlocked. you always have to solve to last unlocked level in order to unlock the next one.
- 26 levels included from the orginal "bips" game made by Bryant Brownell.
- level editor.
- You can also play upto 25 of your own ogg/mod music files, just put the files in the "music" directory. The "title.mod" file must be in the music directory.
- Skins support.
- Download the file and extract the contents to your SD card. Most games can be installed anywhere, but some games need their own directory and some have to be installed to the root of the SD card - check this first.
- Install the SDL libraries for GP2X if necessary - see the instructions if needed.
- Launch the game with the included gpe file.
- Many games may require you to maintain the file structure within the archive - if the game seems to quit back to the menu as soon as you open it this is a common cause.
- A : Menu Selections place a part in the level editor
- B : Show statistics during a game. Hide the part position/grid in the level editor
- Y : In Level editor Mode, Create a new level when being in the level selector. In the level editor itself erase all parts from the screen. Inside the game itself restart the level
- X : In the level editor, center the level on screen
- JOYSTICK : move main player.
- SELECT : Quit to title screen on the level selector, Quit to level selector in game and level editor mode. Quit the game on the titlescreen.
- L : At the level Selector decrease selected level with 5, During game play select the next Skin. In the level editor select previous part.
- R : At the level Selector increase selected level with 5, During game play select next music. In the level editor select next part.
- START : Test level when being in the level editor, go back to level editor after testing, Restart the current level
- R + JOYSTICK : At the titlescreen in TV Out mode, moves the screen around so u can center it on the television.
- Y + Joystick : When playing a level you can look around in the level freely
If you wish to create levels yourself ,load up the level editor and create a new level pack. you choose a name by using up down left right and confirm the name by using A. There is a space sign included decrease the selected sign to go to it.
Once a new level pack has been created you can then load it, and you will be in the level selector. just press Y and start creating your own levels. The level editor will know when a level has been changed, so it will ask you, if you want to save whenever you quit back to the level selector (using select). The level editor will also automatically choose a filename for the levels, you don't need to worry about this.
once your level pack is finished you can just zip your level pack directory and release it to the public. They will then have to unzip your level pack in the levelpacks directory and it will be shown inside the game. It's as simple as that !
You can change the graphics used in the game by copying the files from the graphics folder to your folder in the Skins directory, and edit them to your liking. It's not necesary to copy over all graphics, if you just wish to change the title screen, then make sure there only exists a titlescreen.png graphics file in your skin directory.
You can also customize the main menu colors by creating a colors.txt file using an editor that's capable of showing linux text files. If you don't have this just use notepad but only edit the numbers. The numbers are saved in RGBA format Red, Green, Blue values and the A is for alpha which is a value between 0 and 255, 0 will hide the menu completely whereas 255 will show it without transparency. test it out with a value of for example 100 to see the effects.
Deleting a low number level (for example 5) in a big level pack (say 100 levels) will take some time because all other levels have to be renamed and there's no way to speed this up just be patient.
Blips GP2X Is created by Willems Davy Aka Joyrider Willems Soft 2007
Music is created by donskeeto !
Original (bips) game was created by bryant brownell