Ian Jeffray ported the emulator by Dave Alan Gilbert to GP2x but the current version is only preliminary thus slow (3 times slower than the original machine) and not optimized (bad management of processes).
This emulator makes it possible to make function Linux ARM as well (the rom version is provided for you) that RISC OS (it will allow you to recover the Rom).
The source code is available on sourceforge.net.
- Download and extract the contents from the file in the root of your SD card.
- The Rom one provided makes it possible to launch Linux ARM but it will be necessary for you to recover the hard disk image of Linux on the ArcEm ftp if not only the screen of starting would have you. For launching RISC OS it will be necessary for you to recover an image of the Romanian of RISC OS 3.1 (or version former). If you find 4 files, you will have to join them into 1 file of 2MB which will have to be named "Rom".
- Launch the executable one in "Games" menu of the console by selecting the file "arcem.gpe".
- To move the mouse but not to maintain supports it.
- Joystick Button
- Click left mouse button.
- ' h'
- To leave the emulator it is necessary to extinguish its GP2x.
- Material displacement (Hardware scrolling) with the screen (example: F12 starting from the office) does not function correctly.
- Really very slow.
- The management of the mouse is really not super - do not maintain the joystick.
- The shape of the mouse cursor is incorrect.
- The material stretching of the GP2X makes that display is bizzare (forecast of the use of the 2nd CPU to implement a software stretching bicubic).