I think it would be cool to have a seperate theme for the gp2x dev wiki. Add comments to the themes here.
Based on the default skin. mainly a backdrop change / page border change. clean.
- The backdrop should be improved once we can get hold of proper aligned high-res gp2x art (the pictures on minivan are beautiful, but the gp2x is tilted in a weird way).
- page border color (should be changed)
- We do not own the used pictures. The black border and the white content 'bite' each other very strong (synkro)
- The picture issue is being worked on. Other theme suggestions are welcome if you dislike the border-content break. i admit it's rather harsh but the best we've got. a black background white text page would suck the life out of everyone.
- The flipped image of the controller at the top left looks real wierd, the shadows make it look like they go into the unit instead of coming out of it. other than that it looks nice, maybe the text at the top right would need to be white/grey instead. - grapefrukt
- The text color up there will be changed if the theme goes live. (no_skill)
- The theme is quite pleasing to the eye. As long as it does not disrupt the functionality of the wiki, it sould be fine.Anyway, is the ownership of the photos used on the theme a sensitive issue? And I have the same point to make regarding the top right text. - Jae686
- ownership of the photos is an issue. i'd say just use em, but synkro is against it. i don't know other peoples stance on this yet. as photos would only improve gp2x sales, i see no wrong in using them. however i've contacted gph and minivian, but none answered yet.... grrr. (no_skill)
- A very cool one. Good job. - F5inet
- thanks :) (no_skill)
- Would it be possible get this new theme added as a non-default skin option so logged in users can check it out? -Andrew j w 12:26, 2 December 2005 (GMT)
- no, it's just an mockup image as of now. but you kinda reminded me that i can use my gp2x now to create a non-synkro-objected theme. I'll take a close-up shot of my gp2x tomorrow (with snow as background for easy cropping ;) ) (no_skill)
The same as #1, but with a free image. This makes it look not as good as #1, but it won't be illegal to use this theme (image provided by me).
- No offense here, but you are no good designer. The black-white contrast is just too strong. If you want to desperatly a new design, ask someone who can. -Synkro 09:14, 9 December 2005 (GMT)
- I prefer this one. You can see all the buttons, and it is not flipped. --slygamer 22:34, 8 December 2005 (GMT)
- hmm.... i could make it a bit more beautiful by removing the white dust particles... (and re-enable the lost gp2x dev wiki text) -no_skill 22:37, 8 December 2005 (GMT)
- Black background is ugly. (vimacs)
- Also have to say the black background hurts my eyes
- --Dijitao 19:57, 21 December 2005 (GMT)
- I also do not like the black/white contrast --GREENSKiN 05:38, 18 January 2006 (PST)
- Couldn't the image a white GP2x be used as the background as opposed to the black version, I think it would meld in really well with the rest of the site --Jansport 19:02, 15 April 2006 (PDT)