|Original Developer||id Software|
|Ported By||Pickle, mongolito404|
|Status||Released and playable|
|Use switch/Open door|
|Switch to preferred weapon|
- Copy the 'prboom' folder anywhere on your SD card.
- Put one, or more, supported IWAD files in the the 'prboom' folder. Supported IWADs are DOON.WAD, DOOM2.WAD, TNT.WAD or PLUTONIA.WAD from one of the commercial Doom games, or the shareware DOOM1.WAD.
- If you want music, download timidity.tar.gz, extract and copy the timidity folder to the root of your SD card.
- Run PrBoom.gpe from your preferred shell.
- Configure controls using the Setup menu.
- All controls except Vol-/Vol+ can ben remapped using the Setup>Key Bindings menu.
For weapons, you can sort weapons based on your preference in prboom.cfg (near the end, under Weapon preferences). You can assign a key to "best" in the Weapons section of the "Setup>Key Bindings" menu. Pressing the button will switch between your two favorite weapons.
For manual prboom.cfg editing, I think the codes are the following (not tested):
A 0x42 B 0x43 X 0x58 Y 0x59 L 0x4C R 0x52 SELECT 0x1B START 0x0D Vol+ 0x12B Vol- 0x12D
(joystick click and movements are not keys).
Savegames should work. Be sure to quit PrBoom and to wait a few moments before shutting down your GP2X, this allows filesystems to sync.
PrBoom 2.5.0b does not work with many PWADs including Alien Vendetta and Hell Revealed, it just crashes with Signal 11 (segmentation fault).
PrBoom 2.2.6-beta4 does work with PWADs. It is gone from the archives but is mirrored here.
Note: The config files in this older version have different keybindings than documented here. Copying the relevant sections from 2.5.0b's prboom.cfg file is recommended.
- Port of PrBoom 2.5.0 for the gp2x using all the latest open2x libs and stuff. Done by Pickle using control code by mongolito404.
- Compiled using Paeryns' SDL and Guyfawkes's SDL Test Release on a oopo's toolchain.
- Has more random crashes, but sound works with firmware 1.4.
- L/R and X/Y are switched.
- No code change (no code release).
- Bugfix in weapons cycling.
- Joystick directions mapped to directions keys.
- Weapons cycling using Vol-/Vol+.
- Default controls in prboom.cfg.
- Initial release.
- See Talk:PrBoom for future information.