|Download(s)||The Version for GP2x|
|Webpage||Site of Porter|
NES2x is an NES (Nintendo Entertainment System)/Famicom (in Japan) emulator created by NK (night Knight). Currently it is beta, and the interface is rather simple. It functions at full speed with the sound. For the moment no support of roms compressed with the ZIP format.
What is the NES?
The NES was one of the first consoles from Nintendo, released in 1983 to Japan under the name of Famicom. The NES is an 8-bit console allowing for up to 52 colors on the screen at the same time selected from a palette of 256 colors.
- Download the new version of NES2X.
- Decompress the file on your SD card.
- Put the Romanian files (Compressed in ZIP or decompressed) in the /NES2X/roms directory.
- If necessary, install the SDL library.
- Launch "nesgp2x.gpe" from the Games menu.
- In the emulator's file explorer:
- ← or X
- Previous Directory.
- →, B or Joystick Press
- Launcher(Type 1) or to open the directory.
- Launcher(Type 2).
- Quit the emulator.
- L or R
- Change the skin (Appearance of the emulator).
- In the game:
- Movement Direction.
- B or Y
- A or X
- Adjustment of Frame Skip.
- Reset the emulation.
- Button of Joystick+R
- Quit the game (Return to the file explorer of the emulator).
- Volume +/-
- Sound Volume.
- Even though TV-Out is supported, the gameplay screen leaves a black area between both sides of the screen; making it graphically unrealistic to the original NES.
- Elite is not supported (Elite is a game which many NES emulators can not play correctly)
- One can easily change the emulator's skin by modifying the images contained in the directory "skin1". Skins are available on gp2x.de.
- 2005.12.03 modification of the buttons: closer to the original console.
- 2005.11.23 modification of the buttons.
- Things to be completed:
- Support for roms in zip files. - To stretch the images to fit the GP2x screen. - Saving of gamestates.