Currently re-learning C++ and learning SDL.
Aquired the Solixa Protocol to create the Solixa port for the GP2X
- C++ A Beginner's Guide Second Edition (Hard Copy)
- A First Book of ANSI C Third Edition (Hard Copy)
- Beginning Programming in 24 Hours (Hard Copy)
- C++ in 24 Hours (Hard Copy)
- Focus on SDL (eBook)
- And various other ebooks
What type of apps/programs would you like to see on the GP2X?
- I personally would like to see a WiFi detector or even Netstumbler or Kismet when the SDIO drivers have been sorted out.
- Another thing would be a Bluesnarfing app to interface with mobilephones in the vacinity
- A great community based MMORPG which would definately be open source
- Web Browser ie. Links or heavily watered down Firefox
- VNC client to use your computer in another room
- Enhanced media player with streaming media from your network or internet if ping isnt too high and the console can handle it
- GBA emulator to play all the greats
- Official games that are open source
- Flash player
What I'd like to see on this wiki
I would love the following things done for the community or for the wiki either by my self once i am able to do so or by the community:
- More ported libraries like Speex and the mysql library and SDL_NET
- Instructions on howto setup Dev-C++ to compile GP2X executables in windows
- Decent software rendered engines like the Irrlicht Engine
- Open source 2D/3D game which everyone can help out with (I was thinking a 3D Multiplayer racer)
- A rumour mill, for all the talk about the new gp2x that has the better batteries (Li-Ion?) and WIFI built in which allegedly comes out Q2 next year.
- More GPH support and a decent website, it feels like they are shruging us off (non-koreans) without much feedback
Please place your reccomendations in the comments
You on irc at all ?