|Version||0.95, 1.30 (Micket)|
|Webpage||Sasq's Page, Micket's page|
OldPlay is a portable multiformat music player for the GP2X and other platforms.
Unofficial Oldplay continued by Micket (GP2X only).
- OldPlay is a music player that uses sidplay1, modplug, adplug, UADE, Game_Music_Emu, tremor, FLAC, wavpack, mpcdec, faad2, in_cube, timidity, tta, UADE, MAC and MAD to play a multitude of classic (and new) music formats.
- FLAC are played with libFLAC along with fast seeking and vorbis comment parsing.
- Sids are played using libsidplay1 (sidplay2/resid's requirements are too high to work on gp2x) and so filter emulation is not great.
- Amiga formats uses UADE, which is based on UAE (The Amiga Emulator) and Eagleplayer. It takes quite a lot of CPU so the equalizer is automatically turned off when playing amiga formats. However, if you want to avoid stuttering on TFMX and other songs that require a bit more CPU, you can try overclocking.
- Nintendo and Sega 8 & 16bit music are played using Game_Music_Emu (and 3 other formats).
- AdPlug for lots of midi formats for Adlib.
- MP3s and MP2 are played with libmad. Complete ID3v1 tag parsing is present and length are calculated for CBR songs and VBR songs with Xing header.
Fast seeking is present for both CBR songs and VBR with Xing heeaders.
- OGGs are played with Tremor. Comment parsing is present (Title, artist, album, date, tracknumber etc.etc.) and fast seeking.
- Oldplay also uses libzip to look inside zipfiles (which is almost a requirement when playing from HVSC).
- Support for M3u PLS and OPL (own format) playlists. OPL can be saved internally and supports tracks within zips.
- NEW in 0.995 : Create playlists for specific subtunes and manual track length easily from within OldPlay!
|Joy||Navigate & Subsongs|
|Sel||Switch playlist / browser|
|L||Switch save playlist / browswer|
|B||Play, Enter dir or zipfile|
|Y||Add song to playlist (in browser)|
|Y||Move song to after current (in playlist)|
|R+X||Remove song from playlist|
|A||Skip to Next Song in playlist|
|R+A||Skip to previous song in playlist|
|R+Sel||Screen & backlight on/off|
|R+L||HOLD (Lock keys)|
|R+Left||Change subtune +1 in browser or playlist (>0 ==> play as it contained only this subtune)|
|R+Right||Change subtune -1 in browser or playlist (<0 ==> all subtunes)|
|R+Vol||Change forced tracklength in browser or playlist (+ - 5 seconds)|
The look of OldPlay is configurable through a config file, which contains settings for colors, fonts, sizes and bitmaps. You can modify the default or create new ones. Oldplay loads "default.cfg" normally, will load another if you give it as the first argument on the commandline.
COL0=0xFFFFFF COL1=0x78876c COL2=0x00A0A0 BGCOL=0xC7CCA9 MARKCOL=0x204048 DIRCOL=0x000070 TEXTCOL=0x000000 FLAGTEXTCOL=0x6A8075 MARKTEXTCOL=0xFFFFFF M3UTEXTCOL=0x000000 BTITLECOL0=0xFFFFFF BTITLECOL1=0xAE806A PTITLECOL0=0xFFFFFF PTITLECOL1=0x6A80AE STITLECOL0=0xFFFFFF STITLECOL1=0x000000 SONG0COL=0x438AB3 SONG1COL=0x63AAD3 LCD0COL=0xC7CCA9 LCD1COL=0xB3B997 LCD2COL=0x000000 EQ0COL=0x00FF00 EQ1COL=0xFFFF00 EQ2COL=0xFF0000 EQBGCOL=0x000000 BACKGROUND=theme/logo.bmp PROPFONT=screenfox.font FIXEDFONT= LEDBMP=nuled.bmp WIDTH=320 HEIGHT=240 SPACING=5 VMARGIN=4 HMARGIN=4
The fonts are bitmapped, and can be converted from normal truetype (TTF) fonts and can be converted with ttf2pfont, for instance;
ttf2pfont.exe arial.ttf 18 -s
- SID (C64 Music)
- GameCube music (various formats, all supported by in_cube)
- SPC (Super Nintendo)
- NFS (Nintendo Entertainment System)
- GBS (Nintendo Game Boy)
- GYM (Sega Megadrive/Genesis)
- VGM (Sega Master System/Game Gear and Sega Megadrive/Genesis)
- VGZ (Compressed VGM)
- KSS (MSX Home Computer, other Z80 systems (doesn't support FM sound chip))
- NSFE (Extended NSF)
- SAP (Atari systems using POKEY sound chip)
- HES (NEC TurboGrafx-16, PC Engine)
- and M3U (Playlist files for GME formats)
(Not all formats currently supported by OldPlay) (Several more, including xm, works as of version 0.97)
(Not all formats currently supported by OldPlay)
Where to get music:
- AMP The biggest ressource dedicated to Amiga music.
- UNEXOTICA for getting Amiga music.
- The High Voltage SID Collection for getting Commodore 64 SID music files.
- http://www.aminet.net/tree.php?path=mods is the music collection of aminet, the best known resource for amiga stuff.
- ftp://main.aminet.net/mods (the same but for ftp, useful for leeching)
- ftp://ftp.modland.com has loads of mods.
- Project 2612 for getting Genesis/Mega Drive VGM music files.
- SMS Power! - Music Section for getting Sega Master System/Game Gear VGM music files.
- SNESmusic.org for getting SNES RSN music files (Note: change the "sn" to "ar" in the file extention and extract as a .rar for SPC files.
- Zophar's Domain for Nintendo/Sega/PC-Engine music.
- http://www.vorc.org/en/ VGM or Chiptune news, Japanese page with English version (like they say: "Please don't mind inaccurate English...")