|Status||Released and playable|
NeoPOP-GP2X is a NeoGeoPocket emulator created by madelman. Currently the emulation is not very fast (approximately 20FPS) and without the sound but should improve.
What is the NeoGeo Pocket?
NeoGeo Pocket, also called NGP, is an attempt at portable console created by company SNKin 1998. This console did not have the success awaited and even has had right to version NeoGeo Pocket Color, such a called NGPC, but which underwent the same commercial failure. It is a portable console 16bits with a sound 8bits.
- Download the latest version of NeoPOP GP2x.
- Decompress the files to your SD card.
- Put the Rom file (Compressed in ZIP or decompressed) in the directory even directory that the extracted files dÃÂ©ja and to re-elect it in "rom.ngp". You can publish (with a text editor) the file neopop.gpe to change the name of the file with executer.
- Launch "neopop.gpe" from the GP2X menu.
- OPTION Button.
- Quit the emulator.
- v.0.5 28/12/2005:
- The minilib rlyeh uses thus more need for SDL libraries.
- various Optimizations.
- v.0.3, 0.4:
- Versions of test not published.
- v.0.2 23/12/2005:
- The use of ROMs Allows compressed format ZIP.
- Improvement of the diagonals of the joystick.
- Implementation of stretching to fit screen.
- Suppression of the posting of the mouse.
- v.0.1 22/12/2005:
- First version.
- Things to be done:
- To improve speed.
- Management of the sound.
- Saving of gamestate.