|Original Developer||SF Site|
|Status||Released and Playable|
Freedroid is a clone of the classic Commodore 64 game "Paradroid" with some improvements and extensions to the base gameplay. It was ported to GP2x by ParkyDR under the GPL license. In this game, you control a robot, depicted by a small white ball with a few numbers within an interstellar spaceship consisting of several decks connected by elevators.
The aim of the game is to destroy all enemy robots, depicted by small black balls with a few numbers, by either shooting them or seizing control over them by creating connections in a short subgame of electric circuits.
Source Code is available at the archive.
- Download the file and extract the files contained to where you want it on your SD card.
- Launch the game from the file "FreeDroid.gpe".
- In the game:
- Volume +/-
- Change volume
- In the options:
- Quit the game.
- In high score name entry screen
- Select letter
- Enter letter
- Delete letter
- Complete entry
- V0.6 - 24/06/2006
- Music volume fixed by converting mod files to OGGs
- V0.5 - 22/04/2006
- Volume now affects all sound effects. Music volume still a problem
- V0.4 - 28/02/2006
- Fixed fast sound problem with 1.4.0 firmware
- V0.3 - 18/02/2006
- High score and volume buttons work
- V0.2 - 06/02/2006
- Improved joystick handling and faster
- V0.1 - 30/01/2006:
- First version.
- To do:
- Add controls for level editor (maybe)