|Original Developer||3D Realms|
|Status||Released and playable|
Duke2X is a port of the Duke Nukem engine to the GP2X by Woogal. Duke Nukem 3D is a first person shooter released for PC in January 1996 by 3D Realms. It's a sequel to the platforms games Duke Nukem and Duke Nukem 2. You can find more information about Duke Nukem on Wikipedia.
This is the button/keyboard assignment :
- Stick Up/Down/Left/Right
- LCTRL (was LALT before 0.04)
- LALT (was LCTRL before 0.04)
- Use Select+Start to return to game menu.
- Press B to select a game menu item, B to go back.
- Don't forget to assign the item-use and item-toggle buttons.
- You can use this duke3d.cfg.
Tested game data versions
- 1.0 - Doesn't Work
- 1.1 - Doesn't Work
- 1.3d - Should Work With v0.02
- 1.3d - Like Shareware 1.3d
- 1.4 - Most Perfect .... (Woogal's Version)
- 1.5 - Should Work With v0.02
- 1.7d - Doesn't Work (1.7 is an illegal hack so I don't care if it doesn't work - Woogal)
- Duke has a chipmunk-voice
- Alter your configfile. The option "MixRate" has to be set on 16000. If you use 11000 or 22000 you will end up with the helium-voice-Duke.
- No film in the theatre
- Not a bug. If no film is showing then you haven't got adult mode enabled. Set out = 0 in the cfg, or set password = "" to be able to switch adult mode on and off during the game (or set password to something involving letters that the gp2x buttons map to if you need to use a password)
- No alienized women in the levels
- Not a bug, the cause of this is the adult mode being disabled.
Black screens at certain points in the gamefixed in 0.04 Episode 4 (The Birth) not playablefixed in 0.04 TopLevel menu bug
- If you happen to press "B" on the main menu (as its casual on GP2X to activate) you will enter a empty menu which you can't leave
- -> Don't press "B" in the main menu fixed in 0.04
No sound and music after making a savefixed in 0.03 The game may crash some time after savingfixed in 0.03