|Original Developer||Jens Granseuer|
|Status||Released and playable|
Crimson Fields is a tactical war game in the tradition of Battle Isle. The port is based off version 0.4.9.
About Crimson Fields
The outcome of the war lies in your hands. You decide which units are sent to the front lines, and when to unleash the reserves. Your mission objectives range from defending strategically vital locations to simply destroying all enemy forces in the area. Protect supply convoys or raid enemy facilities to uncover technological secrets or fill your storage bays so you can repair damaged units or build new ones in your own factories. Lead your troops to victory!
Tools are available to create custom maps and campaigns. You can also play the original Battle Isle maps if you have a copy of the game.
You can pit yourself against another human player either in hot-seat mode in front of the same machine or against the computer.
Crimson Fields is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
For an impression of the current state of Crimson Fields have a look at the screenshots.
- Press SELECT to switch between "Mouse mode" and "Keyboard mode"
- In Mouse mode :
- Use the STICK to move the mouse cursor
- Press B to simulate the left mouse button
- Press Y to simulate the right mouse button
- In Keyboard mode :
- Use the STICK to simulate the arrow keys
- Press B to simulate the RETURN key
- Press Y to show the current unit menu
- In any mode
- Press LEFT SHOULDER to simulate the ESCAPE key
- Press RIGHT SHOULDER to simulate the O key
- Press A to simulate the M key (to access the Map)
- Press X to simulate the C key (to access the Content of a unit)
- Press START to simulate the E key (quick key for End of turn)
- The "Keyboard mode" really works only for the english version
- Initial version