|Status||Released and playable|
Armor City is an Armor Alley clone.
The main objective of the game is to get a van into the enemy base. As soon as this is done, the map is won. However, if the enemy gets one of their vans into the players base, or the player runs out of helicopters, the game is over. Money is required to purchase vans and other units and the more bunkers controlled, the more money is received.
The game has simple graphics, funny sound effects, and runs very well.
- Download from the archive and place the contents on your SD card.
- Launch the .gpe to start the game.
- Joystick Push - Select Menu Item
- Joystick - Move Chopper
- R - Change Direction
- A - Drop Bomb
- B - Fire Rocket
- X - Fire Guns
- Y - Drop Infantry
- L + A - Purchase Tank
- L + B - Purchase Van
- L + X - Purchase Truck
- L + Y - Purchase Infantry
- L + R - Purchase Engineers
- L + Select - Purchase Extra Chopper
- Start - Pause
- Select - Change Song
The screen is divided into 3 main areas:
- The Mini Map is displayed at the top portion of the screen. All active units can be seen on the minimap, as well as the location of bunkers, balloons, and rockets.
- The Status Bar is just below the Mini Map. It displays ammo, lives, and fuel remaining. To get more ammo and to refuel, return to the landing pad. When completly restocked, the red bar will turn green. The Status Bar does NOT display health.
- The Play Area is below the other two areas and is where the action takes place.
There are 6 different types of units in Armor City:
- Chopper - Equipped with guns, bombs, and missiles. Choppers fly much slower backwards than forwards.
- Tank - Equipped with a gun and will shoot at anything that gets
in its way. If an unfortunate foot soldier runs into a tank, he'll likly be squished.
- Missile Truck - Carries one heat seeking missile and will fire at any enemy chopper that gets too close. Once the missile's gone, the truck won't do you much good offensivly but it may take out an infantry or two before it goes down for the count.
- Van - Vans have no weapons, and are only good at taking enemy bases. They'll need lots of protection if they're gonna make it to the other end of the map.
- Infantry - Have machine guns but their main use is taking over bunkers. Any infantry passing an enemy bunker, or a bunker that is uncontrolled, will try to take it over. Infantry can be picked up by landing in front of them. Infantry get one parachute, and one parachute ONLY, so don't drop them from high heights unless they haven't been dropped before.
- Engineers - Engineers are infantry that can rebuild destroyed AA guns. They do not capture bunkers. If an engineer is picked up it becomes become regular infantry.