|Original Developer||OpenTTD Team|
TTD2X is a port of OpenTTD to the GP2X. OpenTTD is itself a clone of the Microprose game "Transport Tycoon Deluxe", a popular game originally written by Chris Sawyer. It attempts to mimic the original game as closely as possible while extending it with new features. To play OpenTTD/TTD2X you need either the MS Windows or DOS version of Transport Tycoon Deluxe (several files from either, to be specific).
Source code available here
- Copy the "ttd" directory to your GP2X storage media.
- Place the original Transport Tycoon Deluxe game's *.GRF files in the "ttd" directory's "data" directory.
- Place the original Transport Tycoon Deluxe game's SAMPLE.CAT files in the "ttd" directory's "data" directory.
- Place the original Transport Tycoon Deluxe game's *.gm files in the "ttd" directory's "gm" directory.
- Run OpenTTD.
Can I place the "Patch" directory files someplace else, such as when another GP2X program uses them as well?
A: Yes. Do the following:
- Open the "timidity.cfg" file inside the "ttd" directory.
- Replace "./Patch/" with the directory you have the patch files in, such as "/mnt/sd/patch/" for example.
- GP2X Stick: Controls the cursor
- A B: ZOOM IN/OUT
- X Y: LEFT/RIGHT CLICK
- RIGHT TRIGGER: Right click
- LEFT TRIGGER: Left click
- VOLUME DOWN: Slow down the cursor
- VOLUME UP: Speed up the cursor
- SELECT: Reset the zoom/cursor positions.
Touchscreen support and improved controls has been added by Senor Quack after this Wiki pages was created.