Talk:GP2X Filesystem 'Standards'
- As I understand this as some kind of suggestion I would like to see this discussed first in the dev scene, before making it a 'fact' here on the wiki. -Synkro 18:17, 9 December 2005 (GMT)
Okay but needs work
The idea is good but the proposal needs to be ironed out a little more.
- Would we really want to store savegames on the NAND? I was under the impression the NAND should be treated as very fragile, and remain untouched for fear of bricking.
- What about games not tied to a website? How would you name them?
- I don't like the caps. Filenames should be Unixey, imho (meaning lowercase).
- How would you propse to fill the date field? I'm not sure whether the GP2X has an internal wall-time clock, but I assume not. If it doesn't have one, you have no hope of filling the field with a useful date/time value. If it does have one, the field is superfluous since you can tell the date/time from the file's timestamp.
- No, it does not have an internal clock so there is no way to know the current time. -Andrew j w 21:14, 10 December 2005 (GMT)